Monday, February 20, 2012

The Bash & Photos (1st batch)

I'm still too lazy to write long posts. So here are the first photos I got.

My awesome friends made me a banner! How cool is that!


Meet Christian. He's 1 year old and has just learned to walk. His mother got pregnant out of wedlock and gave birth to him in the orphanage. He was left there when he's 1 month old.


Hm, and I thought I was supposed to be the one blowing off the candles? :D


"Look! My tounge is red!". Other kids asked me if their tounges would also turn green if they drank 7-up. They thought their tounges would turn the same colour as the can's colour of the beverage (7-Up has green can).


The children entertained by Albert

The pick-up rhyme game. That girl (Yanni) is going to be a professional heart-breaker. She got style!




Clothes donation from PT. Tandika Jaya Lestari


Group photo

The receipt from the orphanage (this one was taken with my mediocre cam phone and skill. *just rotate your laptop or your head, guys! I dont know how to rotate a photo, ok! xD)


A big thanks goes to our photographer, Adam (www.leonardadam.com)
More photos coming up. Stay tuned!

Update:
I won't be writing any long post.

I just wanted to say thanks to the children, all of you who supported the cause, and my friends who joined me in the orphanage..
Albert & co who coordinated the entertainment for the children, you ARE undoubtedly talented.. So glad to have you there.. Thank you for the banner you guys made me, it was very sweet and touching :)
Andry, Eka and Sylvie who put up with my hungry-early-morning crankiness.
Vero Adam for their cool photos, for your excitement and sincerity.. Thanks for being there.
AStrid, Andre, well.. you guys were basically waste of space :D Nancy, for coordinating the snacks for the kids.

Things went smoothly, the food had arrived before us.
The children were waiting for us and shook our hands when we arrived, laughing, singing for us.
We ate with the children, talked and got to know them.

One boy, Soni, holds a special place in my heart.. He went all the way to make me happy, asking me what I wanted to drink, and rushing back and forward to get us our drinks.. He's just so... selfless. He actually wanted to try a 7-up, but he gave me his 7-Up when he asked me what I wanted to drink, and I said "7-Up", and settled for Mirinda instead. I gave him my 7-up of course haha.

Other boy, Axel, saved Soni's can of Mirinda while Soni's running around to get us food and drinks. Axel said,"This is Soni's. I'll watch the can for him so that no one gets hold of this." When Soni came back, Axel gave him the can and said cutely,"Soni, here's your red drink. I kept watch while you're gone." Isn't that the definition of friendship? Having each other's back.

*Soni is the boy in the middle of the 4th photo of the children holding Mirinda cans. Axel is the one next to him.

I mean, how often do we do that to others? Soni who had never drank a 7-Up before was willing to give me his. What about us? No matter how many times we drank something, we still want it to be ours. We do not know what sharing and giving means most of the times.. These kids are indeed richer than us :)

Albert as the MC really knows what he's doing.. He's energetic, fun, he simply.. owned the kids. There's never a boring moment when Albert was in charge. We played games, we sang, we laughed. We had fun.

Too bad we had to stop at around half past two as the children were tired and needed to take a nap, so we distributed the snack packages, took group photos, and said goodbye to the children who sang for us, sat on our laps, held our hands, hugged us tight, gave us love and stole our hearts.

Yaaay! Now I'm officially 22 years old!
*I warn you, dont u dare burst my bubbles of delirium.

No comments:

Post a Comment